Hi and welcome to my business blog. Running your own business is a huge step to take but is one that can reap huge satisfaction as well as rewards. I would like to share with you some of my knowledge that could help you set up and run your own company.
A good conference venue is important when you are organizing a meeting. It is essential for one to be able to bring out the ambience of the venue and ensure that all the clients feel absolutely comfortable.
A good venue must have plenty of space for the conferences to take place, whilst also ensuring that it is picturesque enough so that the people attending the meetings will not get bored of
one view. Long meetings tend to make one feel tired and breaking the monotony with a stroll in the grounds is advisable. Hedsor House in Buckinghamshire is one of the top conference venues in the UK. It has gained its fame because it has ample space for meetings. It has eight conference rooms that are of different sizes. This is perfect for anyone willing to have several meetings but with a different number of people for each.
Apart from ample space for the conferences, a good conference venue should be located somewhere strategic. It needs to be available to all kinds of audiences and also be easily accessible. It is important that a conference venue has good transport systems around it. Hedsor House fits this criteria and is very much accessible because it is only a few miles away from Heathrow airport. This means that for people who need to travel by air, to have no difficulties arriving at the venue. Lots of clients prefer air transport since it is fastest. Apart from that, it is also so close to London, so one can get to the venue easily, in less than an hour’s drive. The people attending the conferences also find it easy to access the amenities of a city while at the same time avoiding the congestion that is in most capitals.
Obviously, a conference venue will need to be technologically upgraded. The people at meetings often need to use technology to be able to communicate properly with their clients. Hedsor house has free Wi-Fi for all its clients. This is available to the clients at all times. It enables the clients to be able to connect with a bigger audience than they would without facilities like the internet. It also helps the clients get back feedback from their audience.
Prices are also important when it comes to choosing a good conference venue. One should look for a venue that has good facilities that ensure all the delegates who are attending the conference are comfortable. However, most venues usually have good facilities but the prices push customers away. It is important not to overprice certain things because the clients will feel that they cannot afford or justify the expense and will choose another venue. Hedsor House in the British countryside has competitive prices for a conference. They are affordable to most and go hand in hand with the facilities provided. It has a library where people having a meeting can go to if they are looking for a good read. The rooms also have magnificent views that will sooth your eyes and make you feel so relaxed.
Hedsor House is preferred by most clients because it has an air of exclusivity about it. It also makes one feel truly at home. It is not uncommon for royalty and other people who are held in high regard to enjoy the ambience of this wonderful country house. It provides privacy for the clients who need it while still being accessible to everyone. The grounds surrounding it are large and comfortable to be around, giving one that feeling of peace and quiet despite being near the city. These grounds can accommodate up to 2000 people so a large conference can be held there. The place is also perfect if a business is planning to have a team-building event. The large grounds are fantastic for any kind of activities that are suitable for teamwork.
Another aspect of the house that makes it so perfect a venue for conferences is the feeling of a rural location while still maintaining the modern feeling. Since it was built in the 19th century, there are certain aspects of the place that take one back in time, making them feel connected to the past.
This venue is superb for conferences that are being used for a product launch. The large space will attract a large audience and the business will be able to pitch their product to more people. If you are in the United Kingdom and are looking for the perfect venue for a conference, then Hedsor House is perfect for this purpose.
Never underestimate the power of good customer relations, if you have a robust customer service plan in place, you can ensure that your clients are satisfied and that your business reputation is high. Here are my 6 top tips for achieving customer satisfaction:
1. Have a positive attitude, clients will not want to deal with someone who is not interested in the issues that are being raised. If you can show that you want to help them and are willing to listen to their concerns or complaints, they are more likely to be prepared to accept an offer of a solution. Always remain calm, even if they are ranting at you, if you can retain the ‘voice of reason’ they are more likely to calm down and be more reasonable.
2. Be empathetic. Consider being in your customer’s place, try to envisage what they are feeling or experiencing. This will let them know that you do care and that you can understand what they are going through. Again, this can help lead to a satisfactory solution.
3. Apologise. Do not make excuses particularly if the issues are clearly with your company and could have been prevented. Being prepared to take the blame, apologise and be willing to try to put it right will stand you in good stead.
4. Communications. Talk to the customer, reassure them and let them know that you are prepared and are willing to address their concerns. Customers become disgruntled if they think nobody cares and that nothing will be done to address the problems, this can lead to a whole lot of trouble. If you can, formulate a plan beforehand that can be implemented when necessary.
5. Action. This is probably the most important aspect, taking appropriate action to fix the issues with the customer. Taking action sooner rather than later will increase your reputation however, you do need to make sure the actions are of a suitable quality, never try to fob customers off, it won’t work and it will leave your good reputation in tatters.
6. Value the customer. Ensure that your customer knows that their custom is valued and that you do want their business. This is particularly important in the event of a customer service situation even when the issues are resolved. You want this customer to return to you which could be done in a number of ways, for instance, you might offer them a voucher or free shipping on their next order.
Investing time in customer relations is never wasted, it is likely that there many other companies offering similar goods/services as you and it is very easy to lose customers if you do not have excellent customer services.
Customer service is the service provided to customers before, during and after purchasing and using goods and services. Good customer service provides an experience that meets customer expectations. It produces satisfied customers. Bad customer service can generate complaints. It can result in lost sales, because consumers might take their business to a competitor.
Good customer service involves developing bonds with customers, hopefully leading to longterm relationships. It creates advantages for both customers and the business alike. Customers benefit because the business is providing a service that meets their needs. The business benefits because satisfied customers are likely to be repeat customers. They will stay with the business. However, good customer service is not easily achieved. It takes time to establish. It requires investment to deliver consistent standards.
first direct ‘s mission statement is ‘pioneering amazing service’. This means that customer service is used to set the direction for the business. In other words, customers come first. This is not an empty slogan. Market research shows that, in terms of customer satisfaction, first direct is the UK’s number one bank. It confirms that the bank has a reputation for quality customer service. This has also been demonstrated by comparative studies. The bank was the leading performer in the Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service benchmarking programme and it came top in the Finance Sector in the Institute of Customer Services (ICS) Satisfaction Awards.
At the heart of providing customer service is the notion of ‘respect’. This involves respecting the business’ employees, as internal customers within the organisation, as well as external customers. Using this concept influences how colleagues and individuals at first direct act towards each other as well as how they deal with customers.
To achieve customer satisfaction, first direct sets and monitors service standards. For example, four out of five calls are answered within 20 seconds. On average a customer’s call is answered in 13 seconds. Customer service representatives are available around the clock. This means that customers always get to talk to a real person not a machine and they never have to push buttons before they get to talk to someone.